[albatross-users] onRequest() & pagination

Francis Meyvis francis.meyvis at sonycom.com
Thu Apr 3 01:58:28 EST 2003

Hoi,

I've two questions (I've a workaround for the first)

Question 1
I've this (simplified) form like this
<al-form method="post" action="?filterSelect=filterSelect">
   <al-select name="prjFilterSelect" optionexpr="filterMenu"
              onChange="this.form.submit()"/>
</al-form>

The REQUEST_URI, when selecting something from the popup menu,
arriving in my cgi-application has the correct parameters
at the end (something like "...?filterSelect=filterSelect").
But my context does not recognize it as a req_equals().
Is this normal or I'm a misunderstanding something?

If I add next form element, the request is recognized however
(I just tried this, I have no explanation)
<al-input type="hidden" name="filterSelect" value="Select filter"/>

Question 2
This is related to pagination. The paginated list looks like this

<Prev 8   PAGE 2   Next 8>

[] item 9
[x] item 10
[x] item 11
[] item 12
[] item 16

The check box options are remembered in a variable "selections".
Is there a trick to remember the items that where selected
in pages 1, 3, etc?
Now the cgi-application when inspecting "selections" only sees
item 10 and 11 while actually also items 5, 6, 17, 20 were.

Thank you,
francis