[albatross-users] Defining an "error" page...

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Wed Sep 18 06:17:53 EST 2002

In JavaServer Pages (JSP), you have the ability to specify a page to
which the user is forwarded if there is an unrecoverable error.  This is
commonly used to send the user to a page that says "There has been an
error.  Please call the site administrator." rather than expose the user
to the raw Python error displays, such as:

Template traceback (most recent call last):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 146, in run
      self.process_request(ctx)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 296, in process_request func(ctx)
  File "prop_list.py", line 25, in page_process
      aContext.set_page(page)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 86, in set_page
      self.app.load_page(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 253, in load_page
      self.load_page_module(ctx, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/albatross/app.py", line 268, in load_page_module
      file, filepath, desc = imp.find_module(name, [dirname])
ImportError: No module named bob

Is there any way to achieve the same functionality in Albatross?

Thanks,
Dhruva
--
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish
we didn't." Erica Jong (b. 1942); US author