[albatross-users] Should I consider Albatross if I allready use Zope

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Sep 11 11:33:43 EST 2002

>Does anyone have comments on advantages/disadvantages between Zope and
>Albatross?

The goals with Albatross and Zope are very different. I don't have a lot of
experience with Zope, but my impression is that it tries to be all things
to all people.

Albatross, on the other hand, attempts to solve a smaller set of problems
(session management, templating, separation of logic and presentation,
etc). The intention is that it is easy for people to understand it's
code and extend it, if need be, in the direction they require.

Someone who already knows Zope might choose Albatross for applications
where the complexity of Zope is unwarranted, or in an environment where
installing Zope is problematic (for example, third-party web hosting),
or where the applications will be maintained by developers who haven't
been indoctrinated to the Zope way... 8-)