[albatross-users] Form state problem

Gregory Bond gnb at itga.com.au
Wed Oct 30 14:37:46 EST 2002

> <alx-sql stmt="SELECT field1, field2 FROM table1 WHERE field3 = %s"
> 	   args="(1,)">

Very cool.  I could use something like this.

Hmmmm.....

It could use a ctx.dbhandle() method to return a DBI-compliant handle. (This
divorces details about db vendor, and vendor-specific stuff like login etc,
away from the tag implementation and into the application-defined ctx class).
Have a name="" attribute to specify the name of the cursor object, so you can
have nested cursors.

Or perhaps have 2 tags:
	al-sql which works like al-expr
	al-sqlfor which returns an iterator over the sql cursor, like al-for.

I might have a play with this sometime.....