[albatross-users] Query regarding frames

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Nov 21 11:08:48 EST 2002

>I have a question.  If i have a mainpage that has frames, how can I get
>the templates within the frame to be interpolated ?

There are a couple of ways this can be done - Dave initially suggested
using the RandomPage mixin, and including some tag in the URL to tell
the application which frame was being rendered. I ran into problems
with this because RandomPage issues redirects from time to time, and my
paranoid browser through someone was trying to trick it.

Instead, I include arguments in the URLS like this:

    <frameset rows="30%,*" cols="*">
     <frame src="popview.py?list=1" name="list">
     <frameset cols="104,*">
      <frame src="popview.py?buttons=1" name="buttons">
      <frame name="detail">
     </frameset>
     <noframes>
      Sorry, this document can be viewed only with a
      frames-capable browser.
     </noframes>
    </frameset>

Then, in the page class's display_page() method, I call a different
ctx.run_template(...) depending on what's in the request.

Hope this helps (and makes sense). 8-)