[albatross-users] Transferring a site

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Nov 7 12:49:08 EST 2002

>I've been developing a site on my MacOSX notebook with mod_python and
>Albatross. Works great. I've just tried to get it going on an OpenBSD
>box using mod_python/apache and Albatross, without much success.

One trick I often use when I have no other clues is truss/strace/ktrace
(it's name varies, but the functionality is the same - attach to a running
process and display the system calls it performs).

>Mod_python is loading fine, Albatross installed without a hitch. I've
>tried with both an .htaccess file as well as setting the config for my
>directory in the httpd.conf - when I try to to run anything, Albatross
>returns apache.OK and sends out the default "Oops!" page instead of any
>content from the site. I have looked at everything 100 times and made
>sure my PythonPath was set in the httpd.conf, but to no avail.... anyone
>have any suggestions? I don't think this is an Albatross problem, but
>I'm not sure.

Have you checked the apache error log?

Another gotchya I ran into was my mod_python build was running a different
version of python to the main install on my machine (this is because the
python interpreter is linked into the mod_python module). The old version
of python used by mod_python didn't have Albatross installed... 8-)

Also, as Greg suggests, try to get a simple "Hello, World!" style
mod_python to work first (without involving Albatross), and if that works,
an Albatross version of the same thing.