[albatross-users] Two questions (client-side production of static pages)

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Fri Jun 28 10:48:20 EST 2002

>> Nested template processing (as opposed to macro expansion and
>> header/footer inclusion within a single template)? Is that what you
>> mean?

Andy> Um...  Yeah, I guess so.  If master.html could bring in
Andy> sidebar.html that would basically do it.  Although if
Andy> somepage.html could specify _which_ sidebar.html to bring in
Andy> somehow, that'd be good too.  Not critical, but good.

Yet another hokey way to do it:

    <al-macro name="master">
      Stuff stuff stuff
      <al-include expr="sidebar_name">
      <al-usearg name="body">
      Blah blah blah
    </al-macro>

Then the name of the sidebar is placed into the execution context
before macro expansion:

ctx.locals.sidebar_name = 'sidebar-with-bells.html'