[albatross-users] mod_python and global namespace

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Dec 23 13:50:03 EST 2002

>>>>> "Dave" == Dave Cole <djc at object-craft.com.au> writes:

Dave> It looks like it is a bug in Albatross.  What Albatross tries to
Dave> do is create an environment for expression evaluation such that
Dave> eval(expr, globals, locals)

Dave> maps globals to the global namespace of the module which called
Dave> run_template() and locals to ctx.locals.  The method for
Dave> locating the global namespace (context._caller_globals()) is not
Dave> working in your case.

Dave> [snip]

Dave> If I send you a patch which implements my proposed fix and a
Dave> shirtload of enhancements since 1.01 would you be willing to try
Dave> it out?

Dave> We keep wanting to make a new release but do not get the time to
Dave> bring the documentation up to date with our changes.

Oops!!!

That was supposed to go only to Greg.  Sorry about that.