[albatross-users] load_template vs run_template, macros vs lookups

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Fri Dec 13 18:33:43 EST 2002

>I can put <al-macro> definitions in a file, then do a load_template on that
>file, and the macros are available when I later do a run_template() in a
>page_display function.
>
>But if I put <al-lookup> definitions in this file, then I have to do a
>run_template()_ in order to make the lookup work.
>
>This seems inconsistent.  It certainly caused me great confusion!

Oops. I needed the macros registered at load time for something I
was doing (previously they only registed at run time like lookups) -
it didn't occur to me that any other tags needed the same treatment.
I'll see what I can do for the next release (and if the patch is small,
I'll mail it to the list).