[albatross-users] Accessing pages via URLs

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Mon Aug 19 14:48:18 EST 2002

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Barrett <mike at daboyz.org> writes:

Mike> Hi, I was just curious if there's a way to access individual
Mike> pages in an application using page modules via direct links?

Mike> Like say I have two pages in my application, one called 'main'
Mike> and the other called 'preferences'.  If start_page is set to
Mike> main, is there any way I can access the prferences page via an
Mike> external link instead of having to go to the main page first?

Have a look at the RandomModularApp and RandomModularSessionApp
classes.  These determine which page to serve from the request URL.

Have a look at the samples/random directory.  This program is
explained in section 4.7 (Guide to Building Applications / Random
Access Applications) on page 54 in release 0.06.  The HTML
documentation is here:

        http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/albatross/albatross/node35.html

The application is installed here:

        http://www.object-craft.com.au/cgi-bin/alsamp/random/random.py