[albatross-users] Internationalization (lookup?), embedding, licensing

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Tue Apr 16 04:59:13 EST 2002

On 15 Apr 2002 at 13:08, Lewis Bergman wrote:

> Try not to put "--" in your message above the sig. Most clients consider
> that a sig identifier and can trash the rest.

Ooops, I'll use <p /> in the future ;-)

> peace of text. How about using a single lookup in the front end that will
> redirect to a module with templates set for that language and a default if
> it isn't available. Then you only have to evaluate it once.

Here's  my thoughts on this. The application is pretty simple and it's mostly pages of
forums that need to be filled in. So there's a descriptive column and a data entry
column. I do not want to give the .html files to translaters since if we want to change the
layout we'd have to mess with all these different languages (there will be 12 I think).

I agree, using lookup is not as fast as distinct templates for each language but that's
going to be a maintenance pita.

The embedded system will be a Pentium 100 or equivilant and the web server is the
only thing running on it.. and there will most likely be only one web client at a
time..cycles to spare.

> process anywhere you like. Using the simpleserver module couldn't be
> easier. Mine loads diffenrent sets of backend control modules based on what
> kind of server it is running on.

I expect to use RandomModuleSessionApp

> One thing to note. You probably are not actually wanting to hook into an
> xml-rpc server but an xml-rpc client that will talk to a server.

I need this thing to also be an xml-rpc server, since my client interface will upscale to
using xml-rpc on some pages depending on client capability.

--

Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements